Saturday, April 17, 2010






I LOVE Sundays with my parents. It's exhausting both physically and emotionally most of the time, but I have really grown to LOVE this time with them. It SUCKs royally watching them go through this nightmare, but it's an honor to serve them. I'm grateful I get the opportunity. Mom no longer knows who I am. Last Sunday, she vehemently (SP??) told me I WAS NOT her daughter. I just laughed and said whatever Mom, now please will you come with me back to your room so Dad can visit with you!" She still breaks out in song during her conversation with us. They tell us that all just love her at the Center, that she's funny and loves all the people. She scoots herself around in the hall in her wheelchair most of the day. One day she pulled the fire alarm, not just once, but twice. She reads everything, but I've noticed as she reads Dad's hat, she isn't reading properly anymore. But she must have made out the word "Pull!". Linda & I got a good laugh out of that one! She's off in some lost world of her own. I'm grateful she's happy. Dad, on the other hand is miserable in physical pain as much as his heart breaking. He misses her so! As I have said many times, it's so tender to watch him as he wants her to be as close to him as possible while we're there. He'll scoot her chair right up to him so he can hold her hand and pat her leg. She ALWAYS softens as he kisses her upon arrival. Many times it will take a few to get her to give into that kiss, but once she does, her mood changes. It's pretty darn sweet to watch! One lady at the center will say, so "Your George? your for real?" Yep Yvonne, he is very real and he's Nona's!

No comments:

Post a Comment