Saturday, April 17, 2010






Aunt Joy had her annual easter egg hunt and luncheon at her house. I traded days at work so I could take Dad out there. The weather was very cold and Dad's in a lot of pain with his back and hips so he decided not to go. I was sad. Just don't know how many more opportunities he will have for that kind of thing, but I really wanted to go. So I invited my family and some of them joined. I miss Aunt Joy & Uncle Frank and all their family. I have some of the fondest memories from my childhood with them! I went on many of those hunts myself, then turning the magic age of 11-then you get to be a helper! That was SO COOL! We got to color them and hide them...we were in charge of that and Cecil and Henry would be in charge of the money that we won! nickel or dimes written on some of the eggs that were hidden. I remember hunts done at two of the different cafe's they use to own, and then moving it to her back yard. It was fun to see everyone. So many there now that I couldn't pass the name test...but that's okay....your at Aunt Joy's and that's pretty dang special. This year was her 65th hunt...crazy! And I didn't get one picture of her. DUMB! Uncle Frank wasn't there. He has fallen and hurt his back, causing his Demensia to set him back further, just like it did for Mom when she got sick. Aunt Joy has hopes that he can come home when he's sronger. It's so much to care for him on her own, even with the grandkids downstairs...that's a lot and I worry for her! I know too well what she is going through! I HATE old age. I'm afraid of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment