Saturday, April 17, 2010




I love my Bunco ladies! I really do! We really know how to laugh and cry with one another! I have played with this group for about 20 years. We're not all the "original" group, however most of us have been together for most of those years. Delee Skeen invited me to join and she has since dropped out. I miss her! It's her sister in laws that actually started the group-Holly & Sheri. Anyway, we have been through many things together and mostly we laugh and just enjoy each other once a month. We have laughed, cried and worried together. We had babies together,went nuts with babies hanging onto our legs, wondering if they would EVER let go, gone through dating years of our children and have sent missionaries out and then married them off, and now we're becoming gramma's together and taking care of our parents, or losing them together! It's been a great way to stay in touch with my good friends who have moved away. Each of us being so supportive of one another. It's been so fun to get to know these ladies that I would have NEVER met! We are spread out all over the valley! Last week we gathered at Cheryl's home and she shared with us her story right now of her little Grandson who has just been diagnosed with leukemia. UGH! My heart jumped. My heart aches for her. He's just barely one year old. Not much older than our dear Preslie. I wanted to run right over to Mick's house just to hold her and hug her! Why must such a young innocent child suffer so! (I know your answer, just don't like it!) Two of our Bunco girls are missing, that's why only two at one of the tables. Patti is training for the trek she is in charge of and Jane was out of town I believe. I feel blessed to be a part of this group that gathers. We each hold a piece of one another's heart and well...just to summ it up...I love them with all of my heart and feel it an honor to be a part of this group! We decided the other night that we're all going to the same "Old folks" home together, that way we can play bunco anytime we want!

No comments:

Post a Comment