Monday, January 9, 2012













2012
January always leaves you reflective doesn't it. This year it has me. Looking over the past
year, or few years for that matter. I have become most grateful for the family that I was raised with. Things that I was taught, things that I want to do, things I want to do different. So thankful for parents who provided me a good happy home, where I not only felt love, but safety and happiness. My siblings are all we have now. My Mom's old boss left me a message after Mom died that said..."well your an orphan now, just like me"... wasn't words of comfort like he intended. An orphan is one that is abandoned for one reason or another, I'm not abandoned. They have just gone on to a different place and I feel their presence in many ways. I found great comfort in the book called "The Message". A book describing how those who have passed on have influence in the lives of their loved ones. I sure hope so! Some days, it seems like their just on an extended trip and they'll be back soon! Wish that were true! I miss them. I miss who they were! So grateful for the plan of salvation that I KNOW they are together again and that in itself makes me happy. Dad's heart broke when Mom didn't recognize him anymore, but now, well....what ever they are doing...I'm sure they are by each other's side and holding hands! As for the 4 of us...well we have a challenge to continue those lessons taught about family. About keeping in touch and honoring that which we were given.


No comments:

Post a Comment