Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mom


this is Mom from Sunday to Sunday this past week. She's slowing deteriorating, but strong as ever and we don't know why.Lyndsey says her last weight was 88 lbs. Some how she feels a need to stick around. I took her to church at their little branch on Sunday. She was not quiet by any means...not even close to being reverent. I don't expect her to really, but this week, well it was almost embarrassing...she was loud and was full of mumbles and attitude! I did make out (very clearly I might add) "I'm going to slap you silly!" I know Mom...go ahead if you need to! I would just rub her hand and her arm in hopes she would relax a bit and quiet down. Guess what the speaker spoke on....Patience! I'm pretty sure it wasn't a lesson meant for Mom! Alright already...I get it...just don't want to! Today, Lyndsey called me to tell me she had tried to wake her to visit and exam her. Mom would not even wake up for her. 2nd time she has done that! She feels like this is another sign of the decline, one day real strong, the next day she needs more sleep. Her vitals remain strong..I just don't get it! Linda asks me about a funeral...do we have to do the whole funeral thing, or maybe just a family gathering. All either of us can come up with is our famous phrase of "I don't know!" She asked me to work on a obituary...just can't put my heart into it...I work better under pressure...like a dead line for the paper! UGH! Many have commented how beautiful Dad's was....we had to cut and edit it so much because of what I had was over $1000....I hate all this! What really are we suppose to be learning here...what and who's lesson is this!

No comments:

Post a Comment