Sunday, August 29, 2010



So Rick & I have been talking about loosing weight for some time now. We would cut back, work out a little, Rick more than I...and nothing....nothing would change and we both hated how our body's had changed. Mostly we just want to feel better. This HCG diet is a diet that we have heard a lot about, and I have hesitated due to the 500 calorie a day...are ya kidding me! Who does that! Of course you would loose weight! Anyhow's...several people at work have done it and been very successful, so Rick & I decided to do it. We're on our 9th day, and yes we are hungry! The late afternoon and nights are the worst. We both mentioned this morning that we weren't really hungry. But I'm not going to lie...a good ol choclate chip cookie sounds pretty good about now! Rick has lost 17 lbs. and I have lost 10...yeah that stinks too, but they even told us at the health food store that I should be prepared to watch the weight just fall off of Rick. Man, that is just not fair! Neither of us feels ANY different at all. That's discouraging! But I'm trying hard to be patient, knowing full well that the first part is water weight. The next few weeks will be the test. We will be on this for 26 days...we're on our 9th day. Friday night we went on a little date night to see the movie, Eat, Pray, Love, with Julia Roberts. It's about how she wants this major life change and travels the world. Italy was one of her first stops...the food shots were unbelievable! It was just like a food or restaurant commercial! Basically, the date night was pure torture. I wanted to get out of the house so we wouldn't want to eat...not a good choice, now all I want to do is have one big plate of spaghetti!
Chris keeps tempting us with offers of their junk food. He tells me I'm weak and I won't last. Makes me want to do it even more! Just like when they all told me I wouldn't sky dive...but more than ever, I want to feel better. I want to have more energy and not ache like an ol lady! The plan forces you to plan and prepare meals a head of time. It's made Rick & I sit down for a meal together..and many of them we will have even when we're not on this silly diet! It's all about the amounts really.
Sundays are tough for me still. I just hate staying home after Church. I really miss Dad then! It's surprising how use to something your whole existence becomes to. The routine of the crazy drive to & from to get him, and the visit with Mom trying to have some kind of conversation. I really miss that! A lot! So today, I looked at Rick and said, let's hike to Lake Mary. It's up Brighton canyon and I remember it to be more of a walk really...he just looked at me funny and did what I asked as usual. So I wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. Even a slight climb, at a high altitude was more than our bodies could take at this point. 500 calories is just not enough! So we just sat and gazed around at the beauty for a bit, enjoyed each other's company and came back home. We just don't do that enough! I love Rick, I love the mountains. I miss spending more time there! I want to camp more. I want to play more. It was cool today, only about 60 degrees, but a beautiful day it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment