Saturday, May 8, 2010

What's better than a "gramma day?" A WHOLE week with them!


Mick & Brandyn had the opportunity to go to Cancun for Brandyn's sister's wedding...we got the opportunity to take care of the kids for them. It was a blast!
I arrived Sunday night to spend the night so I would be there bright & early when they headed to the airport. Kallie joined me. That was a little nerve racking at first, but it was fine. It was fun to play with all the kids, but man...not as young as I use to be! Monday night, after a fun day at the park...well I was exhausted! It was good to see Chris when he picked up Kallie. Preslie would not let me put her down-so the two little ones was a handful I'm not use to!...but hey...we bonded and now we're great friends!
The weather didn't cooperate to the extent I had hoped, but we managed to still find fun things to do! Talan is a great artist, and loves to dictate things for Gramma to draw! Payson loves being the big brother. He was a great help when he stuck around. He's Mick's little social bug and LOVES his friends. We chased baseball practice, and just hung out with one another and found time to play at Hollywood Connection for a little bit of miniture golf and Liberty Park to the Tracy Avairy to see the cool birds. We had hoped for more outside play, but rain rain, wouldn't go away! Grandpa would come join us after work and it was good for all of us to have him as part of the play group! The kids think their Grandpa is pretty rad! Too bad I didn't get any pictures of it! The week went by so quickly and I can honestly say, I miss being a stay at home Mom...but now it's not my turn...it's Mick's and I'm so glad she gets this opportunity to be at home with these sweet kids of hers! And I'm so grateful we get to be so much a part of their life! Grandkids truely are the sugar on top of it all! There really isn't anything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment