Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Mick!











Mick just turned 28...wow...did I really say that! I can't believe it...did we blink and just jump from her as a small baby...and now she's a beautiful wife and mother of almost 4!
I'll never forget that late Friday night that she was born. It was the ol days when I was in the recovery room trying to get warm and Rick was beside me on the phone. For a new daddy who wouldn't even consider the thought of having a girl first, he was babbling on and on about how beautiful she was to our good friend and neighbor, Karen Bingham down the street! Most of our family who had been at the hospital had all gone home, but Rick was still on cloud nine and would remain there for quite some time! (28 years maybe...he's always been a sucker for his little girl!) He just couldn't get over how perfect and precious she was...neither could I. Our lives changed forever that day...as we entered into the role of parenthood. What a blessing she has been in our lives! Mick is fun to be around, she can make you laugh and is such a good listener! I've turned to her more times than I probably should have and I'm grateful to not only call her my daughter, but my best friend as well! Over the past year, I've sat back and watched her...it's hard to explain. She became a great Mom right away with Payson...but today...it's more than that. She's developed into this grown-up woman, with a beautiful family, right before our eyes and we couldn't be prouder! Happy Birthday Mick...we love ya to the moon & back!

No comments:

Post a Comment