Thursday, December 31, 2009
















Christmas is such a busy time for everyone and now that the kids are all married, I see them stress as they stretch themselves to be everywhere. Soooo, I started a tradition that the Sunday before Christmas is mine. A holiday that I don't have to share. That's when we have everyone over to celebrate and exchange gifts. (However, doesn't mean that I DONT want to see them on Christmas)...Anyways...now that our family is growing with little ones, we want to take the opportunity to share our testimonies and our feelings about the REAL meaning of Christmas here as well. We tried to make a copy to watch on video of a sweet story I saw on Heather's blog..but it didn't work..so last minute...we found one of the many stories we have in our stash and I sat on the floor and read it to the kids. It was the Santa story to teach the children. Next year...we'll be better prepared, but the kids seemed to love it! We talked about who was the center of Christmas and Payson shouted out "ME!" oops!
We had a nice dinner and enjoyed one another's company. Mick & Brandyn and family and Angela & Shawn went into together to give Rick & I an overnight stay at the Homestead. Pretty nice eh! Chris & Tahnie gave me a beautiful family picture to hang on our wall. I'm excited to have one to add to our wall finally! It all ended too soon, and they all had to go home. Work and school the next day. I had taken my Dad to go visit Mom as usual that Sunday and Dad was planning on coming over for the celebration. He wasn't feeling well so I took him home instead. Made me sad! I hate that he's alone so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment