Sunday, January 3, 2010

If you know me, you know I LOVE to give gifts to my family at Christmas. I LOVE bringing smiles to their faces. This year was hard. Last year we gave a trip to Disneyland. Something that we could all enjoy together. It was fun, but it didn't work out as well as we had hoped. Shawn & Ang couldn't go...and it was ALOT of money-something that we just couldn't do this year and I was bummed! What to do, what to do....Rick sent a text to all the kids early in December...no money, no gifts...your parent's are broke! Mickie texted back.."are you two fighting?" Shawn called us laughing...and Chris didn't respond cause he just didn't know what to say...Speechless...really? This year I was really sickened by what I had made of Christmas in the past...too much about stuff! It was a tough year for me. Just couldn't get into it. But what I did learn...was that really matters....is just the time we spend together. That's the priceless joy that NOTHING can replace. We have the greatest kids, and now they are their own family! Ones that we can be proud of! There is no better gift than that! Thanks for your gifts to us! We love each of you!
We gave Payson a remote control helicopter...something that we should have got for Brandyn too! Was pretty fun flying that thing around the house...even if one of my shepherd's now has a broken foot! We gave Talan a remote control RC car...toy story dude.. you call him and he comes...pretty fun! We gave Preslie a walker...she wants so bad to get up and go with her brothers...something to put her upward for here. Shawn spent a good 30 minutes or so practicing being a parent one day and put it together for her. It tried his patience, but he won! We gave Kallie a pretend kitchen. She LOVES my pots & pans so we thought this would be fun for her. She covered her mouth and made the "ohhh" sound-it was really cute.
Mick & Brandyn got a card table w/chairs and Brandyn received some snorkeling stuff.
Shawn & Ang are wanting a new mattress, instead they asked for a memory foam mattress and that fit the budget this year. Chris needed some warm work clothes and he was more excited about some insulated bib oversalls than I thought he would be. And a session at indoor soccer.
Tahnie loves jewelry so we got her a cute jewelery lady form that you can hang jewelry on and some necklaces and earrings...all in all I think they were happy. I hope so! We loved sharing and giving! But mostly we loved the time with them...even if it was just a short amount of time. Next year my goal is to have the week after Christmas off...or at least a few days anyway! Sharing our kids with their inlaws is hard. I don't want it to be, it just is. An emotion I have no control over. But I do control how I respond to that emotion (most of the time:)! ) I love the fact that they each have inlaws that love and adore them, I wouldn't want it any other way! So as they spread themselves thin during the holidays to meet with each family....well I have to be okay with that! I'm trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment