Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday's

Sunday...
What is a Sunday to you?
Church at 11 am....YES.... a sleep in day! How I LOVE them. Rick hates them! He wishes church could be over by 9!
It's attending a meeting here or there with various assignments to bring people unto Christ.
I love our calling....did I really say that? Don't tell them that though! J/k! I don't like the searching for those lost sheep, (I feel bad for an awful comment I shared with Shawn & Angela last night-they know what it was and I'm sorry, I need to try harder) but I LOVE teaching those that have come for comfort or looking for the truth! It's truely an honor to facilitate that class! I don't know how else to describe it! What a honor to be a part of that! Have you ever noticed the change in a room when you testify of Christ!

Sunday's consist of ALOT of driving...good part...one on one time with my Man!
And...Serving my parents.
Today, Dad's not feeling well. Coughing and sore throat. Doesn't feel up to the visit with Mom but wants a pizza! Delivered and visited, watched a bit of a game with him and carried out his wish to check on Mom. He said today, "I think she likes it there!" I do too Dad! But I didn't share the part about how I don't! It doesn't matter! Her cushion to her wheel chair is missing again. Really, how do they loose these things. Her clothes...they come and go even when they are clearly marked with her name. But her pad to her chair. She's in the chair most of the day. Only gets out to sleep and they say she doesn't nap. SIGH! She's uncomfortable without it, she lifts herself in her chair and groans while we visit. I ask for help in finding it...little response but they will look. Yeah, right! Why don't I believe them! Mom's eyes look different today...kind of grayish. Empty, but she's talking about all kinds of stuff. It doesn't make any sense but the words consist of family names, mostly those from Louisiana. She talks about Stacey...said she's gotta work on getting something for Stacey. I tell her I don't need anything..she's totally confused at my response. What would I know, she was talking about HER Stacey! We leave her before meal time. I don't like being there for that....too frustrating as she plays mostly with it and ends up with it on her lap. I try to help her, she gets frustrated...just isn't worth it for either of us!

Now we come home to a quiet house. Linda tells me I will learn to like it. Not so much! I'm happy and proud of our children and happy they are creating wonderful lives of their own. It's still loney without the noise here! I love their friendship we share and hope it grows deeper as we all grow older!

1 comment:

  1. Stacey,
    The service you are doing for your parents is so tender to me. You are a wonderful, loving, and caring daughter. I know it is extremely hard to go each week and see your mom in that state. And I would be frustrated OUT OF MY MIND with that place she is staying. WHERE IN THE CRAP is all of her stuff. It just magically DISAPEARS????? I remember when my grandma was calling out people's names of those from her past. It seemed like the veil was so thin at that point and she was just about to cross over. I pray for you and your parents. Hang in there!
    love ya
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete