Saturday, September 18, 2010

walk for a cure






Jody emailed me a little over a week ago and invited me to join her in the walk for a cure for Alzheimer's/dementia that was being held at Murray High today. Of course it was on my Saturday shift at Discover, so I didn't think I could go, but the more I thought about it, the more I knew I just HAD to go. This disease is way too much. It needs to go! And far too many people are not speaking out about it. The number of people who have it or who are effected by it are staggering, and it's only going to get worse. It's the 2nd largest disease causing death and the cost...it's unreal! And the sad thing is...death is the happy ending for this disease...there is no cure, and we HAVE to find one! Jody & I decided we will be more involved and organized next year and put together a team, or maybe two...thinking maybe of a challenge. Maybe my kids would get into that! This year was last minute and not planned at all so our families didn't particiapte, but next year...we'll be on it! It was good to be with Jody. I have missed her and the Bradbury gang. Uncle Frank, Jody's Dad passed away with this disease in May and we'll soon loose Mom. We did it today in their honor. She put Mom and Frank's picture on a card around a ribbon for us-she's always thoughtful like that!. I made a t-shirt with my parents on it. We saw several families with their own team shirts on that were way cute. Hope to do something like that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment