Saturday, September 18, 2010

Summer has come and gone and so much has gone on. Where did time go! Seriously...did we really really have a summer??? The wave runners have not even left their little shed! How sad is that! Time just goes by in such a flash! The pictures below are of our trip to Oregon to see our sweet friend Toni the end of June. She lives in Beaverton, and has a beach house in Rockaway Beach. What a blast we had. We arrived Thursday evening, hit the road to the beach and didn't stop all weekend. What a blast we had-oh wait, did I say that!. SO so fun getting reconnected with her. And man, that girl can move. We hiked, hiked some more and hiked again. And I'm sure we slowed her down a bit. But the scenery we saw. This is only a portion of it. It was true heaven. Beautiful mountains and pines to one side, and beach front, ocean on the other. It would be perfect if it was like 80 degrees! I know...picky picky! They love it there. And everyone kept saying how lucky we were to have the good weather. It had rained almost everyday since April and we had sunshine! It is truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I had told Rick & Chris just before we left that I would love to travel the country one year during the summer and sight see all the small towns during the holidays...see their hometown barbeques and parades. Well, I got my home town parade all right. This was so fun! Tillamook cheese factory and their parade. Company couldn't have been better either!

No comments:

Post a Comment