Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Brandyn...28!









Monday, September 28 will be Brandyn's birthday so Mick decided to throw him a little surprise party at our house...easy way to get him out to our house..babysitter!...anyways...she had a few of their friends over and our family for some good eats and games and cake...it was fun. It feels good to be included in their celebrations with their friends...makes us feel more than just the mom & pops..thanks kids. We enjoy each of you and wish Big B a great year! We're grateful that he has become such a solid part of our family! Each one of our kids adds their own special addition to our little family circle. Shawn & Ang stayed a bit a played scattergories with the group. Chris came by with Kallie and watched the game and ate. Tahnie was gone with volleyball so he's pretty much a single parent right now on the weekends...pretty tuff on them both with their crazy schedules! It's good to see our children socialize and be friends with one another...Rick & I have always worked for that throughout their lives..always teaching them that we ARE a family forever! We love ya guys!

Today was a day spent with my parents as each Sunday rolls around. We took Dad out to Mick & Brandyn's for dinner. It was so good for my Dad....dang it! Not one of us busted out the camera! Dad has a hard time doing things without Mom...but after a little scolding from the Dr a few weeks ago...maybe he will be more willing to branch out a bit and come around a bit more. I can't imagine how lonely he must feel! The Dr asked him if he would want Mom sitting around not doing anything if the tables were turned. Linda said that by the time the Dr was done scolding she had both Dad and Linda in tears...dang this is hard!

Today we visited with Mom in the dining room at the care center. She was sitting there in a dark room all by herself when we arrived. I usually brush her hair when we get there...I don't believe the aides do that on Sundays....but today she was not having it...told me to get that thing away and pushed my hand away. Usually she likes it. Her conversation doesn't make any sense. She's slowly wasting away...loosing weight each month. Today she realized we were leaving her and she didn't like it one bit she said...makes it hard when she tries to follow us down the hall. I hate it when the aides or nurses just watch us try to get past that...do they not understand how hard it is. I finally asked an aide today to please help to distract her while we walked away! SIGH! I try to wrap myself up in the visit and time I get with the two of them...I'm betting the time is growing shorter each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment