Sunday, October 31, 2010

So Ang & Mick have been on me to update this blog...the longer I put it off, the more overwhelming it has become. When I look at the Photo gallery of the past 6 months, so much has transpired, and happened, that I really don't know where to begin! As my friend Gina put it the other day, Life is just running us over day by day. I physically feel like that today! Reading other blogs is fun, uplifting, inspiring even sometimes....I'm not feeling like much of that lately. Actually feeling down & discouraged and learning the real feeling of anxiety or saddness...I don't know how to explain it, like wanting to crawl out of my skin in some respects. But reminding myself of the many things I do have to be grateful for. All I have to do is look at my photo gallery! Family, good times and bad, that's what it's all about isn't it!
So where to begin...
We're blessed! We have a great family...we're normal I suppose...whatever THAT is~ and I'm telling you, being a parent of grown adults...man....no one warned me of the worries and heartaches that entails. I remember being annoyed with my Dad. You couldn't tell him anything without him pacing and worrying about it. It made me feel like I shouldn't share many things with him. I DON'T want it to be that way with our family! I love it when they do turn to us, as friends and parents for advice or just a sounding board. I wish for that to always continue! We have raised 3 great kids, and they in turn have chosen great companions that we have learned to love as our own! Although we may not always approve of what they are or are not doing, but we love them "to the moon and back" and wish for their happiness and success, no matter what!
The grandkids are a bonus, an extension of our love, that each time one is born, a new part of our heart is exposed that we didn't know existed. When I'm feeling down, the best cure is to have a Gramma & Grampa day. (and yes, I know how to spell it...this is just how they all say it!) I feel extremely blessed that they are all here, in the same state (Brent reminds me of that often as his are spread out over the US), just a jump in my car and run to them away distance!
It's always been my dream to have our children be our friends, and us theirs, and have each of us enjoy one another's company. That feels like success to me.

So I don't know how else to catch up, so here goes, it will probably be random, and I'm sure I'll miss stuff...but what do you do...It's 6 months worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment