Sunday, October 31, 2010



Payson turned 8 a week ago. Can it really be that long ago that this little guy opened up our hearts to a blissful extention that we did not know existed! Have I said that before? Seems like it was just yesterday, okay....maybe just a few years ago, but REALLY...8 years ago! Wow. I thought it went fast with our own kids.
The blessing of being a grandparent is that you really know how to relish every second with them. Because we understand just how short the time is that we have them under our wings.
Payson is a social butterfly. He LOVES his friends. He loves to be on the go! When he comes here, it's an all day adventure of will you play soccer with me, will you play football with me, will you ride bikes with me...and you know what...we try to do it all. He can out run me in the back yard and now takes it easy on me for the soccer game, instead of the other way around. I'll say, okay, next score wins, and he will prolong that game as long as he can. He'll still cuddle to watch a movie, or snuggle up when he's tired when we're all just visiting. I'll eat that up as long as I can, because before I know it, he'll be this big kid that doesn't have much time for us ol folks. I dread that day! I'm so grateful for that special bond we have with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment