Thursday, November 5, 2009

What does 50 years LOOK like???

Soooo turning 50...not such a big deal~~right? I don't feel any different. In fact..the picture with the fluffy hair in the brown shirt...still feel like that young woman...time has just changed the look in the mirror!
I've been so reflective lately...not sure why? Maybe because I have reached this mile stone, and ya know, it's not all that bad. I thought about this silly little blog, thinking it would be fun! It became TOO BIG..wondering what pictures and had all photo albums out. Really, how do you blog the last 50 years? Especially when we stunk at taking pictures...we need to do better! Very seldom do Rick & I end up in a picture together, if at all...anyways..
I've had a wonderful life. I have a great family that I came from. Good parents that made me feel loved and safe! Taught me how to be who I am! I met Rick when I was a young senior in high school..thinking I had the world by the tail! Didn't we all! We were married almost 3 years before we had kids. We had some grand ol times, just picking up and heading up the mountains or wherever we wanted before the journey of raising a family began! Now we're back to just us...and ya know what...I'm excited. The silence and quiet at the house...not a fan! Not at all. But we have many years ahead to celebrate US! Can't wait! Happy Birthday me! We're headed for another 5 decades of an exciting ride...!

AND OUR BONUS OF THE 4th Decade~



We've watched our children marry and become their own families...in my 4th Decade...



Raised our family together..watching them turn into their own self and enjoying every second! And at times...almost giving anything for them to grab my leg again!






2nd to 3rd decade...filled with having our babies..What a blessing each one of our children are to us! At times...wonderin' if they would EVER let go of my legs..




FIRST TWO DECADES.....





Born of goodly parents...had a happy life!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea with these pictures. SOme of them really cracked me up. I especially love the very last picture of you. It just brings back so many memories I had with you as my friend. You were awesome by the way! I also love the ones of you and Rick together. It is so neat that you have stayed strong and in love over the years. SO many of our friends didn't. That is a HUGE accomplishment in these days. True love....Ahhhhh :)
    Hey, I do have a question about one of your pictures. You are wearing a yellow cap and gown and you are holding something that looks something like a diploma! How did you stage that picture. You know as well as me that it would be totally IMPOSSIBLE for someone to graduate, that SLUFFED as much as YOU! (and me) Ha ha ha ha

    Happy 50th

    ReplyDelete