Sunday, October 14, 2012

So ever since serving with Tina Roth in the Relief Soceity Presidency, she has been encouraging me to start running. I have NEVER been a runner, but it has sparked an interest this past year. So, I finally decided to try it. In talking about it at work amongst some friends, my team leader Stephanie West told me about an APP that you can download on your Ipod or phone and it helps you to train. So I started it...It's called couch to 5K in 8 weeks. I started running at the gym, but then when I moved outside, wow...what a difference. Chris said, if you're going to run a 5K Mom, train like you plan on running...so I moved it outside. I'm not gonna lie, I have felt like a trailer was attached to my behind! I wondered and still do, when will it stop hurting...but I have found it's so exhilarating and moving to accomplish even the smallest goal in the run. It's a race with myself, no one else matters! The running community is awesome. So supportive, no matter what level you are. I have run two, the Taylorsville Days and one that Stix helped put together for a fund raiser for a fellow fire fighter who was hurt badly on a motor cross deal. Brandyn ran the Tville Dayzz one with me...or rather he ran it. He started to hang back with me and I asked him what he was doing, told him to get on with the run...don't stay with me! The fire fighter one was was tough! Fewer people so it was hard to get lost in the crowd. It was clear where I stood in the time....close to dead last! That was a little embarrassing, but I got over it. And Sue, she's amazing, what a friend to hold back with me. She had a bum knee she was nursing, but I know she didn't need to go my slow speed, but she did. I intend on continuing, but man it's hard. Time is so scarce on when I can run! I love how I feel though and it beats the routine at the gym...I was SO BORED! now, I just want to prepare to run more and faster next year!

2 comments:

  1. Love those smiling faces in the "then" and "now" pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you and people look interested and see, you take care and confident with yourself. Everyone can understand. friv juegos

    ReplyDelete