Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend....Traditional kick off to summer! Kind of a cold, rainy weekend, and I worked on Monday...boo! But we sqooze in some base ball and had the kids over for dinner and a fire to make smores! It was a good time! As usual, I struggle staying home on the holidays...I was raised camping on holidays and I have always hated not going anywhere. I'm a grump when we don't go somewhere! I miss camping. I miss boating! Our wave runners have not been in the water for 2 years. We decided we're going to get them out this year. So far, they are out of the tent and ready to be hooked up to the truck to be power washed! They are so Dirty! Unfortunately they need two new batteries and I have not licensed them for two years now...so we need about $400 to get them ready for the water, not counting the gas it will cost! SIGH! Considering selling them as the kids just don't seem interested in them. They are hard for our large family with small kids. Rick & I can't take them out alone, as Rick needs an additional person for muscle...sorry, not much help in that area. If I thought that we could sell them and get enough for a trailer, then maybe I would be more willing. Aweee...we had so much fun! Anyway, we did enjoy the time together playing in the back yard on Sunday. Saturday, we watched Payson play ball in Provo, and then stopped at Mom & Dad's grave. We took a plant by and cleaned up a few weeds. I wish we would have included a flower holder with the headstone. I had my camera, but the battery was dead, so I couldn't get a picture. It was the first time I had seen it completed with Mom's dates on it. It looks nice. I told Mick we could go back out there. They have really been on my mind lately. I miss them. I'm thankful that they are no longer here suffering, but I miss them and the influence they were in my life. I'm so grateful that I KNOW that they are happy and well and that I will see them again. I just wish I knew what exactly goes on in the Spirit World...I know we continue, but how is it all organized, what do they do daily? Details that I will never know until I'm there I guess. I tell Rick all the time, that I would love to get a peek on the other side! He just answers, please don't, that means I won't have you here! Sunday, after church, Chris left, didn't really say where he was going...normal. Then he called and wanted to know where Rick's sister's grave was, he couldn't find it. I tried to describe where he should go, and finally told him we would come show him. He was off in the lower corner, away from her. I thought I would go right to it, but was off by a tree..it took us a minute but we found it. Chris said, he didn't figure anyone would go see her, so he would. We usually do, and I had planned to, but hadn't gotten to it yet. I wonder what her life would have been? I know she is happy and well and I look forward to the time her & I can be friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment