Thursday, February 23, 2012




So after a failed attempt of hip hop class through the Granite Comm. Ed...no show teacher one night and then the class canceled, we found one offered at the Herriman Rec Center out by Mick. And...our cute neighbor girl, who is a U of U cheerleader, is the teacher. You can't go wrong there, right-Talan! He LOVES the Utes, just like his Dad and Grandpa! He's the only boy, so I wondered if that would be an issue. He's younger than the girls, but he seems to like it. They didn't say it would be a Jazz/hip hop class, so the first half are jazz move instructions, not his favorite, but he tolerates it. After we have gone to dinner-his pick. The first night, WOW, Talan was a different kid than he had been. So fun, funny, polite, talkative, and just a plain joy to be with! Each night has been that way actually. It's been fun to have one on one with him. He's a funny kid. Last week, he said, Grandma, Mom is fixing bean burritos, so I don't want to go to dinner...welllll okay then. Bean burritos for you it is...thanks, but I'll pass! For this next week, the last week of class, I told him to be thinking of a special place...he said, well, I'll first see what my Mom is cooking, then I'll call you if I want to go to dinner!" Okay, T-ray, you give me a call!... Payson has come along twice, and he takes off to play basketball or whatever he can find. He's just an all around sports kid, loves it all. I let Talan call the shots though, this is his deal, his choice of what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment