Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ohhh...the things that I could do if I had the time!




being off work for the past couple of weeks has been so relaxing...would have LOVEd to get more things done, but....well...just haven't felt like it. I LOVE to craft. And...I love it more when it's for someone I care about.
The two stockings are just the unfinished project that I apparently promised Shawn & Ang LAST Christmas....sorry guys...they are ALMOST done! Just need to bind them!
The Disney princess's are barretts for our little princess's. Kallie LOVEs them...walks around pointing to them..."it's a princess, it's a princess! I tried to take a picture of her with her hair all done up with Snow White in it, but she was jumping all around and it was nothing but a blur...got to catch her when she's not expecting the kodak moment. Angela's Mom made her the first one, and I fell in love and said, those are so simple...yeah...NO! After I got the hang of it- they were, but not so much at first. I still want to make tinkerbell...she's my Favorite, but I'm out of green ribbon. Maybe next week! The last two pictures are baby seat covers...I made one for Mick in U of U print and have had SOOO many comments on how cute it is, so I have played around with it some. Gave the Monkey print to a past Young Women who is about to become a Mommy...the pink...just saving it for that lucky someone. The kids say I should sell them...maybe...but marketing them, NOT so fun! Next project...a scrap book for a lucky couple...(hope they feel so lucky upon receipt)...and some sewing for our little princess's. Dang...I only have one week left...should have held out for MORE!

Had my follow up appointment with good ol Dr. Roth this past week. Have I mentioned how much I like this guy. Really...if anyone who reads this needs a new OB/GYN....this is the guy! Really, he's awesome in all ways!
His comments to me were..."gee, you really were messed up in there! I feel bad that we didn't operate sooner!" You even had a cyst, that was benign of course, but man...it was all corjungled in there...(is that even a word?). It sounds like I'm making fun of him...I'm not. I really love the guy! He talks to you like your a real person, and not just a person on the chart. He has true compassion and concern for not only me, but my family. He asks about them all the time. He remembers everything about us! He's amazing! The rest of the visit was about Rick's back and bad knee...he noticed that he was hurting when he came to talk to him after surgery! He wondered how he was feeling? Really...what Dr does that! Of course he asked about the time off and if I needed more....that's another story.
The Hewitt Company who handles short term disability for Discover was willing to allow 2 weeks off...that's the norm for a lap. surgery. They argued with me about the additional time off, until they spoke with his office. They actually called me back and apologized and encouraged me to request more time if needed and to be sure and take the proper paper work to the Dr's just in case! Dr Roth gave me more due to the mess that he found. He would have given me more I think, but I don't want to push it. I'm feeling fine, other than this STUPID cough that hit me the day after surgery and is still kicking my butt. Today I threw in the towel and went to see our family Dr...or should I say the Medical assistant....which is ALWAYS there versus the Dr...not sure what his schedule is....anywhos....cough horrible, really kicks up when out in our NICE FRESH AIR (NOT) and at night. Feels basically like I'm coughing up a lung. She put me on steroids, mega antibiotic that ran us $55 bucks with insurance and lots of vitamin C and liquids. Says I should feel better within 3 days! I hope so! Was hoping for more energy during this time off...lots of laying around. Tended Preslie and Hayden for just a few hours the other day...you would have thought I ran a 5K...came home and took a 3 hour nap! Today...just lots of laying around...now REALLY restless! Gonna hang with the Heartland ladies for a bit...don't worry girls...Doc says I'm not contagious!

No comments:

Post a Comment