Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rain or shine...I'm celebrating the coming of summer!




















Last Wednesday, while I was at work, my good friend Carla called and asked if we were interested in joining them at Park City for the holiday week. I knew all my kids had plans, and well the weather was looking a little bleak so I told her thanks, but I'm betting not, but I would talk to Rick. I mentioned it to Rick and he just asked where the $$ were coming from....then the next day at work I got a text that said, ya want to run away for the weekend with me??? So I took that as a yes to pass along to Carla. They have a membership at the Mountain Side Resort and they can pick up side deals that are steals if rooms are available. We had a single room for $200 bucks from Friday through Friday...you just can't beat that! Even if we didn't use it the entire time, it's still a steal! So excited to get away. We decided to stretch it out the best we could and took Tuesday off as well! So much fun! Rick & I had it to ourselves until Monday, when the kids came up for a barbeque, then we asked Mick if the boys could spend the night. She made it a surprise for them they had to earn. Friday, we hurried and packed after work and headed up for dinner and our arrival. Saturday, we did nothing but lounge. It was cold and rainy so the pool wasn't that tempting. We shopped at the outlet stores, Rick's idea and just enjoyed spending time one on one again! It felt so good! We hadn't really done that for quite sometime. Life gets in the way too often and it felt so good to slow down and smell the roses again! We enjoyed the Sunshine on Sunday with a walk to Main street, a day at the pool, a walk down below the Resort and explored an old Cemetery where so many of Park City ol timer's are buried. Most having passed away in the early 1800's. Many young couples and small children. The graveyard is tucked away in a corner of the mountain just below the resort, you would never know it was there but we stumbled on it once when just farting around in the car. It was a reverent exploration, just wondering what their lives must have been in the mountains so many years ago!
Mick & Brandyn with their kids and Shawn & Angela joined us for the afternoon on Monday for a barbeque and just hang at the pool kind of night. It was fun to visit with them and how they also had the opportunity to gather with our good friends the Wright's. I love that family! I love my family. We missed Chris, Tahnie, and Kallie. Tahnie had to work and Chris wanted to join her for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. A little frustrating, but it is what it is I guess! Tahnie's schedule is demanding and she's rarely free, so when we plan things at the last minute, she rarely will join us. We missed them.
The boys were not excited to find out that the surprise was a sleep over, until later when they realized the sleep over was up there. They thought it was just another sleep over at our house! Their eyes lit up when that realization hit! They played us hard and wore us out fast! We swam in spite of the rain the next day, played pool, played ping pong, played and crafted in the play room and swam some more. It was hard to finally call it a day and clean up to head home! I wish we could have had the whole week up there...maybe another time. I enjoyed every minute of each day. Loved the getting to know my hubby again part! He's so good to me and I'm lucky to have him!











2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I love how you don't let anything (like a little rain) get in the way of having a good time with your family!

    ReplyDelete