Saturday, February 27, 2010






















Well....I walked past our calendar this afternoon and realized February is basically over....OVER! Must say I'm glad. Soooo ready for spring! I hate winters! They seem eternally LOOONNNG! So excited to see the grass drying from the snow and tulip leaves peeking their way out of the sad brown ground! Yep, I have been diagnosed with Spring fever!





January was busy...I'm not sure with what...just busy! Played with the grandkids as much as I could...took a shot at ice skating with them...(pictures above), Payson was a champ, Talan could have been, but not too solid on his feet so he was scared. He said "hold me gramma"...hmmm no, I'm just barely standing myself! But it was fun. Love spending time with them. Should do it more, would really be great for these largo legs of mine!





Toni was in town for a few days and had a few hours to share with us! I was so excited. I have found this friend in her that feels like..well...I'm not sure. Like I've known her forever! She has this love of life that is so contacious! Rick knows and loves her from long ago...and well, she really touched and probably saved his life in many ways. And we both are eternally grateful for that, but more importantly...she's a great friend now...so much fun to be around! We follow her journey as she blogs each day, and find such a strength in her that stands so tall.She amazes us in all that she does and the love she radiates to all she meets! I think of that often throughout my day, whether I'm in the elevator headed up to my pod world or in the store. Toni speaks and smiles at everyone! I wish she could see the joy she brings to all she meets. She will become your best friend the minute you meet her-I wish she was closer, but hopefully Rick and I will head up to see "Her beach" in Oregon real soon...this summer anyway! Can't wait! We went to Park City for lunch while she was here and just bummed around main street looking at all the gallery's we could find. It was fun to bum out of work early and head up there with her. Rick wanted to come, but Shawn's car broke down and he needed his Dad. He was glad to help him!





I sold the extra bed in Mick's old room and decided to make a play room for the kids. I had Cindy, (Ang's Mom) come over and paint the walls with a tree with a swing, clouds, a sun, and wrote the words to the song " I have a family here on earth..." all around the room. I painted one small section with magnetic chalk board paint for them to draw on. So far, Talan Loves that part. Payson loves the fact that they have a TV in there and is begging for a WII system in there.. and Kallie plays in there non stop, especially when she's the only one here. Even little Preslie seems to enjoy the room as well! It was fun having Cindy over to paint. She's one talented lady, and well a lot of fun to be around. She & I have a lot in common...and she's sooo easy to talk to. I wish I had more free time to spend with her! I hate that my life is full of working hours! My fault though...so I'm not complaining...really I'm not. Many don't have jobs. I just wish I could change the amount of hours I have to be there! Hey...if anyone finds a job that pays 40 hour week, but I only have to show up for that pay like maybe 20...I'm there! We would make a great team..just call me!





No comments:

Post a Comment